Reports directly to Chief Operating Officer
MMC, founded in 2019 is a world class leading medicinal cannabis cultivation facility located in the heart, central Portugal. Our focus is to cultivate premium quality cannabis for all its patients and users. Our mission is to achieve excellence in every aspect of the company, and with the right team behind us, there are no limits to the impacts we can have in the medicinal cannabis industry on a global scale. We love what we do, and are focused on changing lives, one plant at a time!
At MMC, culture is extremely important to us! Maintaining a positive and healthy work environment is key to our success. Our core values are based upon Honour, Integrity, Respect, Dedication, Innovation, and Dignity. In all that we do, we always stay true to our values and exhibit these values through our actions every day. In other words, we don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day planning and execution pertaining to high-level strategies of the HR department
- Develops new recruitment strategies and oversees staff benefits while adhering to respective legislation and governance
- Responsible for building the foundation of a positive culture and atmosphere, creating a healthy environment within the organization
- Ensures all policies and programs comply with labor laws and regulations
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems, and tactics
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
- Manages human resources operations through recruitment, training, coaching, and disciplining employees
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Works closely with CFO to develop human resources operational financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, anticipating requirements, trends, and developing action plans.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values
- Complies with governing legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Proven experience as Human Resources Manager or relevant role
- Degree preferably in human resources or business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in human resources department
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Familiar with the laws, labour market, hour, and wage regulations
- Understanding of business functions such as Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation, HR, IT, Marketing etc. is considered an asset
- Fluent written and verbal skills in Portuguese and English
- Passionate about the Medical Cannabis Industry
- Positive attitude with a team spirit
- Full-time employment contract
- Salary compatible with functions
- Opportunity to develop career in a world class company
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Security Clearance: Security clearance required
Note: Kindly submit you CV in Portuguese and English with photo and reference “Cultivation Manager” to the email: email@example.com. For more information about us please visit the careers page on our website.